Thursday 7 March 2013

Yemen

This week I had Yemen selected for me. More interesting than Ireland was my first reaction. I was interested to read that its food is influenced by Indian and Arab cuisine.
 
I opted for the national dish of Saltah, but in the last day or so I changed from a vegetarian version using Okra to a beef based one. Kevin claimed he was not aware, but declared last night how much he had hated Okra when he used it in his Barbados dish, so today I went to the market to get the beef. The Eggplant is sat in the fridge. Any suggestions?

 
The final dish I prepared is
I combined 4 recipes into one here, but have kept the ingredients seperate incase you want to mix and match. I served it as a rustic Tear and Share. We are going to use the rest of the dough for homemade pizza on Saturday.


Scores (out of 10):

H: 7.0.

K: 6.0. Nicer that I thought it would be. The bread was very good - overall would make a good sharer starter.

H

No comments:

Post a Comment