Tuesday 12 March 2013

Kyrgyzstan

Located on Central Asia this was/is a country I know very little about. So I had a quick look on the internet (looking at the photos it looks to have some stunning landscapes).

"Kyrgyz" is believed to have derived from the Turkish word for "forty" and is probably a reference to the forty clans of Manas, and the flag has forty rays coming from the sun are a reference to the same forty tribes. Literally translated it means "We are forty". (thanks Wikipedia)

It's also a high scorer in scrabble!

The dish I chose for tonight was the national dish Beshbarmak, which translates as "5 fingers", hopefully becuase of the way it's eaten rather than the ingredients.

 
Scores (out of 10):

H: 5.0.

K: 5.5. A lot nicer than I was expecting as I am not a few of boiled meats or stews. The sweetness of the onion worked really well with the noodle and lamb. If I made this again I think I would add a spicy tomato to it.  

K
 

No comments:

Post a Comment